Friday, August 13, 2010

This Week in Kenya

We at World of Difference love to stay apprised of Kenyan current events. Here are some of the headlines that caught our attention this week.

Every year WoD offers to their team member the opportunity to stick around in Kenya post-expedition to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. Next year I plan on climbing Africa's highest peak for my very first time. This is something I'm a bit nervous about because, among natural apprehension related to such a trek, I have scoliosis. Aside from my back and neck being pretty uncomfortable most of the time, this puts a good deal of pressure on my knees and ankles resulting in unusually advanced arthritis for someone my age (30). Our first article in the line up is about three veteran amputees who just climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. I found this to be MORE than encouraging and motivational, not to mention really put that "oh dang my knees hurt" into perspective! I couldn't wait to share it all with you today:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such an inspiring article. thanks!